Rewarding your Employees for their Hard Work
When you own a business it is important to show that you appreciate your employees their hard work and dedication. This can be done with small tokens or incentives. However, for many small businesses it may be difficult to determine what would be appreciated, especially if you have a diverse staff. Here are some great ideas that would be a hit with any business and boost the sense of morale in a workplace. The fact is that no matter if your business is big or small, rewarding your employees for their hard work is a great way to continue to receive the current level of dedication offered by your employees.
- Monetary incentives: This, of course, is the obvious way to reward your employees for great work. No matter if it is in the form of gift certificates or cold hard cash, this is definitely a reward that will be appreciated across the board.
- Custom sweatshirts: Items such as custom hoodies printed with your company’s logo is a great way to reward your employees and give them a functional and practical item that can be worn on a regular basis.
- Pre-paid passes to the movies: Everyone loves going to see a new movie on the big screen. Additionally, if you wish to sweeten the deal you can throw in money for popcorn or other snacks and treats while your employees enjoy the flick.
- Company dinner or banquet: There are many large corporations that do this on an annual basis and it is great for smaller businesses as well. You can gather everyone together and let them know how appreciative you are for their continued hard work. Additionally, you can offer door prizes, free items and bonuses for those who attend.
- Novelty items: This can include key chains, mugs, cups and other items that can be customized with your businesses logo. These items are great for everyday rewards and can be combined with other incentives to truly have an impact with employees.
- This is also a very appreciate gesture. Even one or two days can give your hard working employees the chance to relax and unwind and not have to worry about lost funds they may incur due to the time off.
Talk to your employees and find out what type of items they may like to receive. This way you can actually get them gifts that you know they will really appreciate
Rewarding you employees for their hard work and dedication is a great way to continue to have the productivity you desire. Showing that you are appreciative means more than the actual item that you give. In most cases these incentives can be done at a relatively low cost but result in huge returns from your workers. There is no doubt that rewarding your workers is a great way to build company loyalty
Guest post from Ashley Smith